Thursday, April 17, 2014

Prairie Falcon in Flight and Prairie Dog Keeping a watchful eye - Santa Fe County, NM 4-15-14

Prairie Falcons are uncommon in Santa Fe County and sometimes pretty rare. I was surprised when I saw one sitting on a telephone pole as I was driving around in southern Santa Fe County. As is usually the case they are fairly skiddish and true to form this one immediately took off as I approached in the car. I jumped out as fast as I could, but he was already speeding away. All I got was this horribly over exposed and blurry shot, but I'll take it! You can at least see his dull side-burn and the dark auxiliary.

While walking back to the car I noticed this prairie dog watching carefully. I think he was amused!


Prairie Falcon moving fast!

Curious Prairie Dog.









No comments: